1 in 4 Ugandans lack access to clean and safe water. It affects every aspect of their life.
But, $500 is all it takes to provide one family with clean water for life.
So this season, we are looking for 50 people to lead generously through a unique initiative called the Jerry Can Project.
By joining us, we’ll give you a custom giving page, a jerry can and so much more so you can connect with your own community to raise money for families that desperately lack clean and safe water. Together, through the Jerry Can Project, we can create lasting change.
Please join us, in connecting through water, which connects us all.
The Jerry Can Project
The most powerful way to connect people to clean water this giving season
This fall, we’re looking for a group of special ambassadors to create a shared experience with families in Uganda.
A small group who can rally their own community and raise at least $500 each to bring clean, safe water to Ugandan families for life, this Christmas.
Community to community.
Through the Jerry Can Project, together we can deliver on the promise of clean and safe water.
Creating lifegiving change, through water, which connects us all.
What does this mean for you?
Ambassadors will receive:
• A custom giving page where you can ask friends and family to contribute to the cause
• A Jerry Can to place outside your home or under your Christmas tree
• A framed photo of a family in the community & GPS coordinates of the Tapstand your gifts went towards
• Photos, and resources to share with your network, prizes and more
What does this mean for a family in Uganda?
Access to clean water can transform lives forever through:
• Women gaining back hours of their day no longer walking to and from the swamp.
• Providing access to education specifically for young girls, who now have safe latrines and water stations while at class.
• Reducing water borne diseases so families no longer spend their earnings on medication.
• Lifting communities out of water poverty forever.
Join the Hagan Family
During this global pandemic, new challenges have emerged. For so many in Uganda, access to clean and safe water can change their lives for the better. That is why the Hagan Family (Scott, Taryne and Baby Annie) signed up for the Jerry Can Project.
“As new parents we can’t imagine the burden of knowing your child is drinking contaminated water; or having them fetch water for the family, often at the cost of their education and safety.
“Here, we are blessed with so many resources and believe that the Jerry Can Project allows us to share them with others.
“People need clean water and we can help. It’s that simple.”
Business for Good
Your company can also help us deliver clean water!
By signing up to be a corporate ambassador of our Water Connects Us All campaign, you will be connecting your employees and key business relationships with the promise of clean and safe water.
Engage your employees in raising money to bring clean water to families in Uganda, and instead of gift baskets, give the gift of clean water to your business partners.
It’s harder than ever to stand out and create engaging experiences that connect your network to your values. We’ve put thought and effort into creating an opportunity that not only will transform lives in Uganda through clean water, but will also create a memorable way to connect, in a time when it’s all too easy to remain distant.
Here’s how our Business for Good program works:
• Your company signs up to raise money or give “in lieu” of gift baskets etc to bring clean water to families in Muhaha, Uganda this season.
• We will build you a unique page on acts.ca showing your company’s generosity and commitment to the program while highlighting where your gifts are going by way of GPS location, photos and personalized videos from the field. You send this unique URL out to as many people as you are able to, engaging them in your company’s giving program. You can encourage people to give, or make gifts in honour or lieu of holiday gifts this season.
• We’ll supply you with physical Jerry Cans for your office, or deliver them to suppliers when you make a gift in lieu of a corporate gift, giving them something tangible to place in their office that represents your giving. We also have Jerry Can Project gift cards for you to use in a similar fashion.
• Our photographer in Uganda will take photos of the families your gifts will have benefitted and we will provide these to you, framed, along with the GPS locations of where your funds will go.
… and give the gift of life changing water today!
About Acts for Water
We believe giving a child clean, accessible water is the best way to help them transform their future.
We’re focussed on being the best at just that, but we need your help to do even more.
For over 30 years, passionate people like you have been partnering with Acts for Water to provide clean, accessible water delivered right to the homes of children in rural Uganda.
This work has changed everything and now we need you to join us so that we can continue empowering communities and changing lives.
To provide a family in Uganda with clean and fresh water
Every dollar counts, your gift will be used to bring a family clean, fresh water for life.