A message from the CEO

Hello Friends,

I’m so excited to share with you how generously the Acts community came together in such an incredible way this past December. As we’re now celebrating the end of our fiscal year, it’s another opportunity to reflect on the past 12 months and look forward to the next. And our past 12 months were some of the best yet!

  • Revenue has increased over 10% compared to last fiscal year!

  • We’ve nearly completed our most ambitious water project to date in Kicuzi

  • We’re actively rolling out a monitoring and evaluating framework to better understand the impact your gifts are making year over year

Earlier this year, I was on the ground in Kucuzi for our most recent Tap Stand celebration. I’ve never been so proud to be a part of Acts than I was on this trip. It’s so rewarding to see how our team’s professional development continues to grow and how our programs continue to get more holistic and methodical. An example of this is our recent hire of a monitoring and evaluating professional in Uganda who’s full time role is to help our teams on both sides of the Atlantic understand and improve the impact of your partnership.

So often, we can think that we just give money and taps turn on, but between financial partnership and project completion, there’s a ton of hard work that goes into making that water flow and I am continually blown away by the quality of staff in Uganda working to see their fellow Ugandan’s lifted from Water Poverty.  

As you may know, our newest project, Kota, is the most comprehensive project Acts has ever undertaken – and we’re 60% of the way to meeting our fundraising goal. If we’re able to raise the remaining 40%, we can really help meet the long-term needs of the community in a way that I don’t think we ever have. It also means we can start the project on time inSeptember 2019.

We need to raise $100,000 more to build a Gravity Flow System, but also latrines (toilets) at schools to dramatically improve the health, safety and education of children in Kota. It will also mean the local community engagement team can continue the Water Health and Sanitation (WASH) training that is vital to improving lives. The incredible impact that clean water combined with clean toilets can have on a community is unmatched! 

As we look ahead to the rest of the year, our driving factor in all the plans, projects, and hopes is a belief that together, we can help end water poverty for our friends in Uganda. Our purpose is exclusive: empowering locals and partnering with people like you to see life, through clean water, brought to those who need it most.

Thank you for joining with us again to give the gift of clean water to thousands more Ugandans this year.

Stay Connected with updates from Acts for Water